Friday 17 January 2014

Welcome!

The first post is always the most tricky, isn't it?

I have written a couple of blogs in the past, but never had much staying power and always felt a little pressured to constantly update them with new and exciting content. This one will be different; I plan to use it as a tool to explore the ups and downs of being a self-employed artist and record my processes.

A few things about me, in case you're new to the world of Miss Magpie Designs!
-I'm a pet portrait artist and my chosen medium is coloured pencil and acrylic ink on Murano paper.

-I work from home in the Sussex countryside and my "studio" is my bedroom.

-I'm an old soul! The only heavy drinking I do involves tea and one sugar and I much prefer a wrinkled old paperback over an e-reader (although I do use a Kindle in my work; a future post on that to come!)

If you're a fellow artist/illustrator/general creative type, you may well find something of use in my musings-do feel free to introduce yourself, I don't bite ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment